Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sympathy, read grace

Stranger than Your sympathy,
And this is my apology:
I killed myself from the inside out
And all my fears have pushed You out.

And I wished for things that I don't need, (all I wanted)
And what I chased won't set me free, (all I wanted)
And I get scared but I'm not crawlin' on my knees.

Oh, yeah
Everything's all wrong, yeah
Everything's all wrong, yeah
Where the hell did I think I was?

And stranger than Your sympathy,
Take these things, so I don't feel.
I'm killing myself from the inside out,
And now my head's been filled with doubt.

We're taught to lead the life You choose, (all I wanted)
You know your love's run out on you, (all I wanted)
And you can't see when all your dreams aren't coming true.

Oh, yeah
Its easy to forget, yeah
When you choke on the regrets, yeah
Who the hell did I think I was?

And stranger than Your sympathy,
And all these thoughts You stole from me,
And I'm not sure where I belong,
And no where's home and no more wrong.

And I was in love with things I tried to make You believe I was,
And I wouldn't be the one to kneel before the dreams I wanted,
And all the dark and all the lies were all the empty things disguised as me.

Mmm, yeah
Stranger than Your sympathy
Stranger than Your sympathy
Mmm hmmm mmm

-Goo Goo Dolls, Sympathy

No comments:

Post a Comment