Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God, The World is Unfair

God, this world is unfair-
He's so handsome and I'm so ugly.
Even if I gave you the moon
you'd still refuse to love me.
And he, without making a move,
without a word or a glance
Put some tenderness
into your big black eyes.
You'll give yourself to him
and believe all of his oaths.
You love him for his stature
without looking at what's inside.

God, this world is unfair-
He a lord and I a lout.
He'll give you the moon
when you've asked for nothing.
God, this world is unfair-
Go love your shining knight!
The satin of your dark skin
is not made for tramps.
My ugliness is an insult
to your brazen beauty.
An error of mother nature's
didn't grant me any favors.

God, this world is unfair-
Our fate is not theirs.
We don't have a fortune,
but them, do they have hearts?
They're born into lace
to make love and war.
But we poor earthworms,
our lives are filled with beauty.

And on which side is God?
On the side of the monstrances
Or on the side of those
who pray morning and night?
This Jesus that we so adore
has He always preferred
the three wise men and their gold
above us poor shepherds?

God, this life is cruel
for two searching hearts.
I so ugly and you so fair,
how could you possibly love me?

No comments:

Post a Comment