Saturday, July 11, 2009

Riddles

Other than that riddle which is always heavily weighing on my mind, and, I suppose, the minds of many other college students ('What am I supposed to do with my life?!'), I figured I'd post some (read: all I can remember because it's been a long week) of the riddles that we considered this week at camp. David told the first three and then after that it was either me or a kid but I can't remember which. Sigh. Enjoy!

Twelve is the tenth and final one.

A man walks into a seaside restaurant and orders albatross. He takes one bite, pulls out a gun, and shoots himself. Why?

A man in solitary confinement is put on an island that is surrounded by shark infested waters and connected to the mainland by one bridge that is watched by a guard in the watch tower. It takes him five minutes to run across the bridge but the guard looks at the bridge every three minutes and if he sees the prisoner crossing, he'll tell him to return to the island and if the prisoner doesn't cooperate, he shoots him. He never misses and every shot kills. How does the man get off the island? (This one is a big long story for an easy answer.)

There's a cabin in the woods and everyone inside is dead, facing the same direction. What happened? (Apparently, everyone's heard this one.)

The music stops and she dies.

The classic Riddle of the Sphinx: What walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 3 at night?

A man lives on the 15th floor of a hotel. He rides the elevator down from his room every morning but every evening, when he comes back, he rides up to the 11th floor and uses the stairs for the remaining 4 flights. Why?

A man is running home when he sees a masked man standing there. He turns and runs away. What am I describing?

And my favorite: Poor people have it, rich people need it, happy people want it and if you eat it, you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment