Wednesday, October 27, 2010

But Then I Remember that I Know Better

You know who's aggravating? God. God, because He keeps on blessing everything I do, in spite of me. He keeps on doing these wonderful things through me and the people I'm around and it doesn't matter to Him that I'm a doubtful unfaithful collection of atoms and dust. He's going to accomplish His good work anyway. Here I am, jumping up and down or stomping my foot or crossing my arms saying, "I'm mad at You," and He just shrugs and tells me that His kingdom is not going to wait on me.

I guess it's so aggravating because it reminds me of the tiny pebble person I am in the wake of God's unstoppable force. And I don't choose to be better. Sometimes I think that the human heart is an immovable object.

No comments:

Post a Comment