Sunday, October 10, 2010

Application Humor

So I'm applying to go to Europe next summer and the application requires consideration of an applicant’s "sense of humor." Please read below my responses to the request to "Describe why you believe you have this characteristic."


I mean, have you seen my nose? Walk around with this sucker on your face and you have to have a sense of humor. 

I’m in the band. Have you seen what I have to wear for eight hours on game days?

I have this great joke involving the constellation of Pegasus and baseball.

Link to blog.

Do inside jokes count as humor?

I grew up in Caldwell County, in a town that was too cheap to pay for the extra side to the town square, so we had a town triangle. Apparently the county was broke too, because we lost the l and the d in our name.

I watch The Office.

Your mom?

That’s what she said. Last night. Ooooooh! (OK, that’s really what she said.)

How do you tie your shoes in space? With an astronaut!

So this guy is walking around his neighborhood and he notices this three legged pig.

Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead!

I have often been described as endearing. I take this to be a good thing, though people may have just been laughing at me. I laugh too! It helps ease the awkwardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment