Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tour Day 4 Part 2: Beautiful Jesus

It rained. We had a rehearsal and learned some alto parts for the band songs then ate dinner at the college (I had Ron time, since I missed out this morning). We ran out to the bus and Doug drove the bus down a tiny tiny lane with a ton of tiny tiny cottages. We ran through the rain to the amphitheater, where we found that we would be cold and unplugged. There was no keyboard and no way the entire band's sound system was getting carted from the bus in the rain.

Despite these worrying circumstances, the concert went pretty well. There wasn't too much whining about the cold or the rain and despite being a capella, we sounded decent. The only information I could get about our performance was the congregation's (not that big, though) reaction and they seemed to like it. There wasn't a bored face and everyone looked pleased, from what I saw behind the taller people in front of me. Each of the instruments got to do a solo- Eli played a super awesome, but super long, song. I played Handel Allegro, with several flubs because I haven't played it all the way through since my senior concert. Hannah played a minuet, Tyler played some awesome cello song that I didn't know and the quartet played for the offering as usual. All in all, not the experience I wanted, but it doesn't much matter to me right now. I think there's only so much emotion the brain takes in in a day.

Everyone's enjoying the free time before bed now, with an excessive amount of chin-taps and laughter. Amber-Drew had the awesome idea of binding the girls together by giving us these bracelets. They're thin slices of handkerchiefs twisted and tied around your wrist. You wear it until it falls off and every day, you say a prayer for the person who tied it on you- the great thing, there's no way you could twist it and tie it yourself. Well, OK, maybe, but it's a lot easier to have a partner. I'm kinda excited about this.

So, really, this is a good end to a crazy day. Hershey Park tomorrow, if it doesn't storm, and our last concert. Please keep the prayers up. Today has proved that though we are one body, we feel many things differently. Something that affects one group intensely may not seem so big to another. Pray for our safety and our patience but also pray for our unity. Maybe the same thing goes for the body of Christ universal.

No comments:

Post a Comment