Monday, August 18, 2014

Planning: Day 14


It’s education week here on the blog and while I think of some important educational things to talk about (there are many, I’m just not there yet), I’d like to take this moment to defend myself.

I know what I’m doing.

I mean, I don’t know what I’m doing. I haven’t applied anywhere yet and I haven’t been accepted anywhere yet and I don’t know if we’re going with plan A, B, C, or D, but there are several plans in place and all of them are financially viable. I have done and will continue to do research into these plans and I will make sure each of them is ready should they need to be implemented. 

And besides, I like not knowing. 

I know that we should all be worried because “It’s risky stepping out your front door” and “You shouldn’t give up a job in this economy” and “Have you thought about student loan debt and how you’re going to make all this happen because I’m certainly not going to pay for it” and oh my everything, can we all just chill for a moment? I know that I’ve been on top of my game for a while now. I know that I went to college and I got a job and I’m doing okay and that’s all fine, but I want to do something else. I want to be something else. I want to change what’s happening in my existence and find a new place and GO ON AN ADVENTURE and I don’t understand why this is a problem. I’m being the absolute most responsible I can be about this. This is not the equivalent of riding a zip line off a skyscraper. This is jumping off the swings onto mulch and I’m not even swinging all that high. 

It’s just… you know those stories about quiet people going off and becoming better or at least different people via adventure? I love those stories. I love that they encourage us to go out there and do things. I’ve been hearing those stories all my life. I’ve been hearing encouragement to go do and be all my life. Are we surprised that I want to go do and be? And even if I haven’t discussed the exact plan with you or decided on the exact plan, it doesn’t mean I’m running out of my house without breakfast and my handkerchief. I know how adventure goes. I’ve got salt and a broadsword in the back.

Just trust me on this, okay?


I hate to use A Song About an Anglerfish in a post without any educational content because Hank and John Green have done a phenomenal job educating people via youtube (with Vlogbrothers, Crash Course, SciShow and so much more). I’m pretty sure that’s going to come up again later, though, so give the song a listen and check back in for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment