Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sometimes People

"Sometimes the truth isn’t good enough, sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."-The Dark Knight, Jim Gordon

I've been chewing on this for a little while, after I had my faith in a few people shaken. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Sometimes you need to see that people are worth saving. "Sometimes the truth isn't good enough." Maybe. Sometimes the truth isn't what's needed, I think. The truth, at a particularly bad time (like when you've just had your strength taken away by the god of the underworld in order to save the woman you loved only to find out that she had been working for him the whole time- that's a bad time to hear the truth) can be the defeat of someone.

But then there's always the redeeming truth. You know, it gets better, life gets better. And if it doesn't, one day it's going to be fair. And after it's fair, there's grace. So I don't really know what to do with this quote, which I love to listen to but not to hear. I figured I'd throw it out there, just in cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment