Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Me and My Mouth

Aaaand after sitting back and re-reading my vent, I realized how much I plagiarize when I rant. In my brain, I like to see this is a list of awesome references and quotes, not as an addendum to the last post.

~Mozart to my Salieri- go watch Amadeus. It will make you happy. And sad. OK, probably more sad, but for a good bit, you'll be happy.

~Marius and Cosette- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

~Lucie and Charles- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

~'The bitter comes before the sweet.' -Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

~'And You said, "I know that this will hurt, but if I don't break your heart, then things will just get worse. When the burden seems too much to bear, remember, the ends will justify the pain it took to get us there.' -Let it All Out, Relient K

~'My worth to God in public is what I am in private.' -My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers

There are a couple more things that I had in my head, like Stained Glass Masquerade by Casting Crowns or Solomon's Prayer of Dedication for the Temple in 1st Kings 8:22-30 (which I borrowed from Jan's sermon on Sunday), but that's all the legit references I can claim. Now I feel slightly less guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment