Monday, April 13, 2009

Everything

Find Me Here, Speak To Me
I want to feel you, I need to hear you
You are the light, That's leading me
To the place where I find peace, again.

You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light, to my soul.
You are my purpose, you're everything.

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You still my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?

Cause you're all I want, you're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want, you're all I need
You're everything, everything.

And How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?


Go to Youtube, look up the Lifehouse Everything skit and when you're done crying, come back.
Seriously. It's worth the time. I promise.

We also did this skit at Camp Joy this past summer and it about wrenched my heart out every time (after I got past my awesome fairy of death ballet moves- and everyone who went to camp with me last year is giggling a little...). I really didn't think a ton on the lyrics until I heard the song again, and by that time I had developed an immunity to it. I didn't really listen to them though I heard them.
I cannot express in words how immensely happy I am that my God is not a God of either the mind or the heart but both. He throws this huge painting in the night sky and continues to hide more of His amazingness in the secrets of the tiny world we can't see on our own. He explodes my mind pretty often and, like Job, sometimes we need to see how small we are and how big He is so we no longer doubt His character. He is big, He is powerful and He is in charge.

But I also have this heart, this tiny little broken heart that needs... well, it needs a billion different things but it is being healed by Someone much greater than me. Who has a heart much greater than mine. And I need that so badly.
One of the lyrics sites had the 'post your comment here' spot and under Everything, this person was complaining about the Lifehouse skit, saying that Lifehouse was secular and this song was about a lover, not God. Maybe they were laughing in the face of all the ignorant Christians who thought they had found this amazing song to describe their God and had been mistaken. I think it's perfect- Jesus is the lover of our souls. More than that, where do we think we got our idea of love from?
See, there's this person who loves me, leads me, strengthens me, gives me peace. He's my light and you get to needing light after a while. Oh my God, these lyrics describe You so well! How can anyone see anything else?
How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would You tell me how could it be any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment