Monday, September 14, 2009

When Your Roots Extend Beyond Your Flowerpot

Small nervous breakdown. Am I allowed to have a minor panic attack right now? I mean, I know it'll all work out, maybe not for the best, but it'll work out. And I can sit back and say I shouldn't have done this or I should have done that, so I'm not asking for sympathy... but I am asking for relief. I know I don't deserve it and I know I haven't come to You and I know that You deserve everything instead of the nothing I've been giving. All the little things are running me over- will You stomp them out for me?

Supplications. Just because I know You can. I am a hypocritical and unfaithful wretch. That's why I need You. That's why I've always needed You. Help me to see this mess as You see it and then I'll stop panicking (because an Awesome and Mighty God is in control) and I'll start to work to make it what You intended it to be, what You told us to make it when you came down to give us a fighting chance.

That's all I want- a fighting chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment